Thursday, April 24, 2008

ho hum

Despite the overwhelming negativity of the past two entries, I'm doing ok.
I hit a rough patch at work yesterday (which I'm sure I will write about another day).

Despite running on three hours sleep and a ton of coffee (and not much else) I feel okay today.
I did have a moment this morning when I was dropping off Rory at his Vacation Care while I'm at work, there was a cheeky little boy saying goodbye to his big brother and for the first time I had a glimpse of what we will miss with Caden. I could see him for the first time as a child rather than the baby I always see him as. It's making me tear up a little to write, but I was surprised at how the thought didn't upset me like I thought it would.

I'm keeping myself really busy, editing a newspaper, getting ready for the long weekend where I get to meet my SIL's new partner (v. exciting) and going to work. All I want to do though is go home and lay on the couch with a box of chocolates.

So I guess I've settled into a sort of melancholy rather than the deep grief I was feeling a few days ago. Hmm.

Don't know which I prefer to tell you the truth.

7 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I'm not sure that I would know which one was better, either.

I'm thinking of you and your family, Brooke.

G$ said...

Stupid grief rollercoaster. Add some chocolate to the 3 hrs and coffee.

c. said...

I hate those moments where I catch a glimpse of what we lost. A son. A brother. A lifetime of opportunites and experiences. It sucks.

How is Rory doing with everything? It's so hard on them too...

AlexandrasMom said...

Brooke - thinking of you, Kim & Caden. I love your saying "i could have ten more babies but i would always be one short..." Says soooo much.
Stay gentle my friend.

Amy said...

Brooke, Kim and Rory,
I am sorry that this is so painful. The waves rush in and slowly recede. It's all very difficult.
I am thinking of all of you and hoping you find some peace down the road.

Anonymous said...

Like lots of us mentioned I hate those moments of seeing what we so badly wanted as well! It's sucks to have to have all of you to relate to but I am so glad we found eachother!
Allison...BBC

Rachael Tam said...

I know this post is months old but I just stumbled across your blog. I know that I am a perfect stranger but if I could of known you on this day I would have hugged you and just sat and listened to you grieve. I am so sorry for your loss.

-Rachael in Augusta, GA

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online