Tuesday, October 28, 2008

gone **update**

So it was not the cemetary that removed Caden's belongings. I expected that they had taken them while doing maintenance, but I know they are quite respectful so I assumed they would be in the front office, hopefully kept in a bag together. I was upset at seeing it bare on his 8 month birthday, but figured when I rang in the morning we ould sort it out.

I had a few other, more strange ideas of what happened - that perhaps the cemetary took it in an attempt to get us to finally pay for a plaque for the site. I planned on calling every newspaper in town and telling them how the cemetary were discriminating against us. I was going to create a blog dedicated to badmouthing the cemetary.

Then I thought - perhaps someone will try to ransom us. It's fairly easy to track down the family of the babies. Ring us and say "we have all his belongings. How much will you give us".
My general thought on how I would respond to this would involve "I'll give you an arrest warrant and a very pissed off Auntie with a gun who is legally allowed to shoot you in the nuts if she deems it necessary. She will deem it necessary."

So with all these wild thoughts in my head, I ring the cemetary.
"Hi I am wondering why my son's grave has been stripped bare"
He says "I've already had 4 other families ring in and I can tell you it was not the cemetary..."
Cue me screaming and sobbing and throwing myself on the floor.
In the middle of my office.
Which is not an office but a cubicle on a floor with 20 other people.
Possibly on phone calls to clients.

Got my mother to ring them back and ask WTF.
Apparently the cemetary was 'vandalised' on the weekend.
The perinatal section was targeted.
Who the fuck does that?

I get stealing the pretty toys, the new things, people are sick.
But WHY take the broken windmills?
WHY take the broken glass ornaments?
(broken in the LAST vandalism attack)

I mean come on. What is the purpose of that?
Apparently one other father rang up and said "Why the FUCK would someone steal a half burnt candle!?!"

We will never know. But I can tell you this. My SIL will have a fit. She will go insane. She also has a gun (cop). All our friends are police too. I foresee some kind of operation going on (I'd love to say I'm kidding, but I'm just not).

What is the world coming to?

16 comments:

Mrs. Mother said...

That's terrible. I don't understand it either. Big hugs to you.

Kristi said...

Ugh, sweetie. ((hugs))

c. said...

That is terrible. I'm so sorry to hear anyone would do this. Awful.

k@lakly said...

I'm guessing really stupid, young, teenage types who were really drunk or something else, who have no idea the damage they have done or the broken hearts they have crushed.
I would call the paper or ask the cemetary too and see if you can get a story done. Maybe the guilt will get to them, if not now then one day...
Shame on them.
I'm so sorry.
xxoo

Anonymous said...

That is so sick and twisted it is beyond my comprehension. I am so very sorry for this loss. Many hugs....

Mrs. Spit said...

I'm so sorry. I would *kill* anyone who would do this. I seriously would.

JuliaS said...

What is wrong with people?

I am so sorry. I hope they catch the person(s) who did this and turn them over to the families of the little ones whose graves they vandalized.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Many hugs.

Tash said...

OMG, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'm with Kal -- I'd write a letter to the newspaper. Maybe someone saw something, or knows something and will come clean when they found out exactly what it is they've done.

Iris said...

That is crazy. What cretins! I am with your other posters. Call the paper and local TV and join forces with the other families if possible. Vandalizing a cemetery is the lowest of the low. These heartless criminals must be stopped, exposed and punished.

Hugs.

Irismama

Jane G said...

Here from lost and found. That is just despicable. What kind of sick people are there out there?

I'm so sorry for your loss of your little boy and I'm sorry that you have to go through this now.

AlexandrasMom said...

Brooke - I just don't even know what to say about that - I can't even imagine what type of person acts like that?!?!?! I'm so sorry - let me know if you want me to send another charm for Caden ; )
Michelley!

CLC said...

It's utterly nauseating. You should definitely contact a news organization. A similar thing happened to a teenage boy's grave near here this past summer, and the news was all over it.

Sarah said...

Just found your blog today. I have an 8 month old son. I'm so sorry for your loss and this particular blow to your family.
SR

Anonymous said...

that's poopy.

however, in all honesty, i don't think it really matters. Caden had your love, that's all he ever needed.

your youngest son is playing in the heavens.

tireegal68 said...

Brooke - I have been gone, but you and Caden are not forgotten by me.
I think of you all so often - I am so happy for you and Kim and your pregnancy and I remember Caden too.
I am so disgusted by the vandalism and gutting of such a precious and sacred place.
Really, another person said it well - "what is wrong with people?"
I say that way too much these days.
peace,
Tireegal

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online